Friday, April 27, 2007

User-Generated Content Hopes and Fears

Let’s be honest here… we as a society is all about getting rich, and a majority of us want to be rich as quick as possible with little consequences to the means. And in today’s information-based tech frenzy, the majority of technology created and built is motivated primarily behind the acquisition of the almighty Benjamin (as Tim Curry from the movie “Clue” would say “What could be more American than that?”). I’m all about making money, but only to an extent. There are different variables that I need to assess first before I even start wondering the why’s and how’s on making money.

  • Is it about my passion or passions? Am I passionate enough about it to pursue making money off of it?
  • Is it worthwhile for me to pursue, creatively, physically, and economically?
  • Is it something of value to myself and to others?
  • Is it marketable? If so, how and why? What is the marketing value of this product to me and my audience that will generate revenue?
  • Is it something of quality to create?

Obviously, quality is important to me, and I agree that I don’t like having to weed through a bunch of crap to get to the good stuff. There needs to be more accountability on users, marketers, and spectators to be able to create, produce, display, and DISCERN quality products.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home